The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> *Update*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radial

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*For all new people reading this please read my first post in this forum titled [url=http://www.millerarts.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=45&thread=179]"Hello Hairguy"[/url] for some background info. [url=http://www.millerarts.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=45&thread=179]Click here[/url] to open the post in a new browser window.

Hi Hairguy!

I believe that I am having some success. Let me explain first what I am seeing and then what I am doing to achieve this.

Before this "experiment" I noticed that the area of my "widows" peak and the areas next to the balding sites never grew as long or as fast as the rest of my scalp. For example, the hairs right at the front of my hairline always took a long time to grow. So when these front hairline hairs were about an inch in length the hairs at the back and sides of my scalp would be twice that.

Also, before this "experiment" I had drandruff, itching, and an inflamed scalp. Much like cradle cap. Those of you who are parents will know what i'm talking about Smile

Now for the good news. At present I am not seeing ANY progression of hair loss. The hairs at the front are growing FASTER than the back and sides. This is a complete flip-flop of what was happening before.

The dandruff, itching, and inflamation of my scalp is gone, gone, gone.

I have not seen any substantial regrowth in my bald temples (except one thick and healthy looking hair that sprouted infront of my hairline which sadly fell out after it grew 1/4 of an inch) Take into consideration that I have been doing this "experiment" for maybe two months.

Ok now on to what I am doing. For starters I stopped taking showers, using soap above my neck and shampooing. Now I bathe once or twice daily. When I used to shower I noticed that when I got out of the shower my face was always red, hot and itchy like a sunburn. This does not happen now when I bathe. I have no explanation for this. When I bathe I add alot of olive oil to the bath water and then wash and massage my scalp. *Note* for a while I felt a bit gross and slippery. This goes away. And no, I don't smell like a salad Smile Oils such as olive oil or emu oil reduce inflamation (or so I've read). It seems to be working for me though! Doing this has made my skin all over alot healthier looking.

I think I will keep doing this experiment as it is working for me, albeit slowly.

Thanks muchly HairGuy!

I'll post another update in a couple months. Bye!

Regards - Mike

ps. I have tried every diet ie: atkins, vegetarianism, veganism, low fat, high fat. These diets had no effect on hair loss or growth (for me).

pps. I have tried numerous hair loss "cures" from $15 bottles of goop, to goop the moviestars use costing $2000 a month. This had no effect on my hair loss or growth.

[size=small]
LarryMiller added links to referenced threads[/size][size=small]

[Edit by LarryMiller on Monday, April 5, 2004 @ 18:37][/size]

hairguy
Found A Cure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Ok now on to what I am doing. For starters I stopped taking showers, using soap above my neck and shampooing. Now I bathe once or twice daily. When I used to shower I noticed that when I got out of the shower my face was always red, hot and itchy like a sunburn. This does not happen now when I bathe. I have no explanation for this. When I bathe I add alot of olive oil to the bath water and then wash and massage my scalp. *Note* for a while I felt a bit gross and slippery. This goes away. And no, I don't smell like a salad Oils such as olive oil or emu oil reduce inflamation (or so I've read). It seems to be working for me though! Doing this has made my skin all over alot healthier looking.***

Mike:

A sister-in-law recently told me that her skin itches and feels inflamed due to the fluoridated water supply. Is your water fluoridated? If so, your new practice of a sit down bath in water with olive oil would be coating your skin against the fluorine. I wonder if a few tablespoons of baking soda would neutralize the fluorine? Perhaps calling your local health department would get the answer or maybe a chemist or dermatologist is reading this.

As to your comments about diets/hair loss, anyone can look about them and observe people from thin to obese, young to old, couch potato to fitness freak, etc. and observe balding and/or graying. The problem may be tunnel vision: someone selects criteria based on theirself as they are balding and/or graying. Then they look for others who fit that preselected criteria.

Thanks for putting quote marks on either side of your "experiment". I did the same with my "discovery". [i]Neither[/i] is proof but hopefully both will motivate those with credentials to finally conduct impartial tests. This year to date, 105 visitors from the ".edu" (education) domain have visited the getitback.us webpage but not a peep.

If [i]any[/i] "goop" cure worked, we wouldn't be conversing. Be sure to read my reply to Sheila re Rogaine and Shen-min.

[b]Congratulations[/b] on being the [i]first[/i] after me to put in writing that regrowth does occur. Many have told me verbally but that serves no public purpose.

[size=small]

[Edit by hairguy on Saturday, March 13, 2004 @ 17:32][/size]

youngandgoingbald
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt it just be that u guys are in the shower too long or the water is too hot? like a sauna..?
Radial

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, I still take hot baths every day, and twice a day when I workout. Which is every second day.

Hair has stopped falling out. Exisiting hair is thicker and growing fast.

BUT, I could see how scalding hot water could dry out your scalp causing dandruff and inflamation leading to hair loss. It's possible I think. But I could be full of crap. I think that you'de have to talk to a dermatologist about that.

- Mike

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: