The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Photos -> BadHairDay - Before and After
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadHairDay
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: BadHairDay - Before and After Reply with quote

Okay, well I finally decided to join in on this interesting little experiment so here's my results so far. I wasn't planning on posting any pictures for another 3 months, but after making this comparison I think there is enough of a difference to post them sooner.

Here they are. Hope they show up properly...

4/28/05-10/28/04

4/28/05-10/28/04

4/28/05-10/28/04

4/28/05-10/28/04

These particular photos were taken exactly 6 months apart from each other and the hair was combed in a way that accentuated the recessions above the temples as much as possible. It also should be noted that in most of the newer pics (the ones on the lefthand side) I used brighter lighting to try and show as much of the scalp underneath the hair as possible.

I tried to match the angles of each pair but it's not perfect...It seems to have improved, but I'm not going to get my hopes up at this point. There's still too many possibilites. Perhaps in another six months...

Anyway the more questions and comments the better.
The_Ruffneck
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good
ch2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon thats quite a dramatic improvement.

The bottom set of photos really show it all.

R u just doing water only, or do you take any supplements? Or do anything else that may help?
BadHairDay
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think in addition to going full grunge a balanced diet with vitamin and mineral supplements is really the key. I also became more strict with exercise regimens (30 minutes a day, 3-5 days a week). I don't know if this is fact, but it seems to me like exercise would help the body absorb and make use of all that stuff you're putting in it...

In the first half of the 6 month period, I was only doing the grunge thing with no shampoo or gel or anything. The apparent regrowth in hair wasn't very much if any. But after that first 3 months I started balancing my diet and taking minerals, vitamins, etc... That's when I saw the biggest change.

Before coming to this site I was doing pretty much every bad thing you could possibly think of to my hair and scalp so in retrospect it's not that surprising I have this problem. For all of you out there here is what I suggest...

DON'T put sls and other harsh chemicals on your scalp
DO get everything your body needs from a balanced diet
DO exercise and DO be consistent with it all

Aside from that just be patient and don't give up.
BadHairDay
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also I'm currently considering / looking into Human Growth Hormone releasers. Do any of you guys know about this? It's been said one of it's benefits is a pretty high chance of stimulating scalp hair growth. Just a thought.
MadDog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. im looking into something of that effect. though what it supposedly does is recharge the encocrine system through various herbs. supposedly it takes 2-4 months to recover.

it's actually for sexual exhaustion. i think its safe to say that i have it, cause i actually have quite a few of the symptoms. i guess, once you are sexually exhausted, your body can not recover on its own. so the pills aid in healing you of sexual exhaustion, while you have to avoid what got you there in the first place. <---- too much sex, which for some reason, people seem to think is not a possibility.

anyway, the product is expensive, i think to the tune of 60$ a month. i can live with that, if it in fact does work. plus its said to have quite a few fringe benefits Wink. also said to stimulate the production of HGH as well as balance the hormones.
Palmster
Moving On Up

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting these pics. It will shed some light on all the negativity we have been seeing recently.
BadHairDay
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Palmster, after that UofC nonsense, I thought this board could use a positive pick-me-up. Hopefully, I'll have more results to post in another 6 months or so. The first two weeks were the toughest, but now I don't have any desire to use shampoo whatsoever.

Good luck to all of you.
NotSure
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you're almost getting most of your hair back. I still don't understand why I experianced crazy shedding and dandruff before my hair grew back whilst you experianced nothing. Oh well, atleast i aint bald Very Happy
BadHairDay
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually I do experience massive shedding from time to time, but I always assumed they were just hairs that had fallen out throughout the day only remaining stuck between the other hairs. Sometimes I'll find loads of hair in the shower drain. Other times I'll see barely any at all. I think it's normal to have a little variance.

And although I don't necessarily have the dandruff problem instead I get these little hard, white particles in my hair. Still not sure what they are exactly...Does anyone know?
Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadHairDay, the condition of my hair is similar to your before pics with small hairs in my receded temples. I hope our success is similar too.
GSER
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. I pretty much have a full head of hair... until I pull it back like that. Similar patttern. Grunge since June. I thought I saw a few hairs growing in lower then my normal hairline, but I cant be sure. Im in this for the long haul so Im sure something will happen.
Combin' the Barbarian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

I was just checking on your recent results Bad Hair Day. Just an update if you have one.

Good turns,
ni77y
Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad hair day, my results are looking similar to yours.

My photos are being uploaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: