The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> The effects of exercise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody noticed that most professional sports players dont suffer from hair loss?

I was looking through a newspaper at the england football team and not one of them suffered from hairloss...
However if you compare this to a sport like cricket where alot less physical exercise is required, the amount of players suffering from hair loss increases.

Im sure there might be similar comparisond between the NFL and baseball...

Let me know what you think...and how important you think exercise is..

Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exercise keeps the entire circulatory system in good health and prevents arteriosclerosis. IT
also naturally reduces stess and depression. In sports such as soccer, they spend the whole
day running around which promotes circulation and vasodilation, and also burns
testosterone.

Drugs like amphetamines are vasoconstrictors and you will notice while taking them that
your extremeties such as the tip of your nose and hands feel cold. Not good your the health
of your most tiny capillaries; they'll just die off from lack of oxygen.

A thing I've been doing that I believe has been bringing me progress during the last couple
of months. I've been loading on apple polyphenol capsules and grape seed
proanthocyanidines first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a cup of green tea
then do 20 minutes of scalp exercises also providing resistance with my hands to work the
muscles more. This would increase the need for blood in the scalp area while the artery
health promoting polyphenols are flowing through my system. Last month I began to notice
small clusters of small fine but dark hairs in my temple area. All I need is for these hairs to
grow into full terminals.

I went a little off topic, but they're somehow related. I'll keep everyone posted.

doggy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch a lot of NFL and NBA sports and from what I see, the whites guys are pretty much losing their hair in both leagues. I can only name a few white guys in the NBA who aren't balding.
panic
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about golfers? They seem to have full heads of hair. except for Tiger. But he wears a cap all the time. How about this theory: long periods of exposure to sunlight is good for you. And without sunglasses and hats.
GSER
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started noticing homeless guys hair (after a buddy told me he never sees bald homeless guys) I thought that sunlight might have been the reason. I went to Key West Fla and there were a bunch of homeless-types hanging around and they not only had full heads of hair, but it wasn't grey at all. The I dicovered grunge and realized that was probably the reason none of them were bald. I do still think sunlight may definitly help though. Despite all these people pushing sunblock, natural sunlight is very good for you because it helps the body produce Vitamin D. Mercola.com has numerous articles about the benefits of regular sun exposure.
deepee
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think frequent exercise is the next item on my agenda for both hair and mental growth. My scalp always feels and looks the healthiest when I exercise. I think sweating a lot helps clean my scalp and keep my dandruff under control as well.
Fellow Aussie
Sniffin Around

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myshkin your regime is the same as mine and we appear to be having similar results.

I take Apple polyphenols, Beta-sis, Multi-vit and Kyolic Garlic with green tea in the morning and evening. I run and do scalp exercises daily and obviously are a grunger.

This is the ultimate hairgrowth forumla. I am no longer balding and my temples continue to fill in. Best of all it costs bugger all. If only i'd knew about this 5 years ago, the amount of money and emotional pain I would have saved! It feels great no longer worrying about my hair and what I look like and to be able to get on with life!

Best of luck people. Don't lose hope because there is an answer!

Aussie

Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Aussie, I'm glad that has worked for you. I'm going
to add beta-sitosterol to my regime and hopefully that'll speed
things up. Since that time in the past where I had great loss, I
haven't been concerned with keeping what I have, I've only been
concerned with regrowth. Although I don't have any bald spots, I
am not happy with my hair yet (like most of us on this forum).
Hopefully all the cool guys on this forum will succeed and laugh
in the faces of all those who say hair loss is genetic
predestination.
dsim
Moving On Up

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question for myshkin and aussie, especially aussie since I live there too. Where abouts do you get your apple polyphenols from? ACV or something else.

cheers,
dsim

Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.applepoly.com/
daver
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep an eye on NHL players and i see a "normal" amount of them losing their hair, young and older. I'm sure many more of then can afford exspensive transplants too.

Now i'm no pro athlete, but i couldn't notice a difference in hair loss with weight lifting 5 times a week to not lifting at all.

In the last 5 years i stopped shedding a much as i did the previous 5 years. That was about when i made a positive diet change. But there comes a point when you have less hair to shed --> and not everybody loses everything.

d

Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I suspect that many football players take anabolic-
androgenic steroids.
ch2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh cud be true about the steroids Myshkin! i dont know about the NFL much...do they test for steroids at all?

I know in wrestling (WWE) alot of the guys r bald and they definately take steroids

In soccer the guys are unbelievably fit...and interestingly enough the ones who seem chubbier etc are the ones who seem to begin to suffer from hairloss.

Exposure to sunlight could be a factor... Maybe not as in getting a tan..but in triggering hormones in the body. In the UK a number of people get seasonal depressive disorder, where they develop depression due to lack of sunlight in the winter..it gets dark here very early!
If u then get up late u may only see about 4 hours of daylight and it effects some people.

If you were living on the street ud see the maximum amount of sunlight possible!

Myshkin
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they're testing in the NFL for steroids. The same goes for many other
sport I believe. And what stops someone from taking something that doesn't stay
relatively long in the system during the off season?

I'm not sure if exposure to sunlight plays such a large factor when it comes to
keeping your hair. What about eskimos? There go by months where the sun don't
shine up there and they traditionally have thick hair. Their diet is rich in vitamin A and
D blubber and organ meats. And for people who say the saturated fat causes hair
loss, what about native americans? They were thriving on a diet of guts and grease
and they were in superb physical condition, with nice thick black hair.

But yeah, I feel the effect psychologically when I'm not exposed to enough sunlight;
especially during the winter months.

WidowsPeak
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/male_pattern_baldness.htm

"Testosterone circulating throughout the body has receptor sites to which an enzyme attaches itself. The specific enzyme is called 5-alpha reductase.
It is formed in scalp tissue and in the sebaceous glands (sweat glands) which are adjacent to each follicle.
When this enzyme attaches itself to the testosterone, it triggers the conversion of this hormone into DHT (dihydrotestosterone)."

So, in our cases, and I believe in the case of the Native Americans and Eskimoes, the shampoo or soap, which causes skin irritation, which causes the 5ar to bind to testosterone, does NOT make the conversion to DHT.

The follicles, instead, get healthy testosterone, which helps them grow.

Exercise drives the testosterone to the scalp and sweat opens up the pores and let's the tesosterone and urea trickle down the follicle.
[size=small]

[Edit by WidowsPeak on Monday, November 14, 2005 @ 17:44][/size]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: