The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> No Magical Cure - But Lifestyle Change Can Regrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot stress enough that it takes a change of your lifestyle to replenish your health, including regrowing lost hair.

A combination of lifestyle changes will work. I got blasted earlier for attributing my hair regrowth to my lifestyle change and Almighty God, but that is my personal belief.

If you want to go without God, than that is your choice, I was only stating what is working for me...so here it is.

A lifestyle change for the better means ousting anything negative: smoking, too much drinking of alcohol, DRUGS!, trans fatty foods, processed foods, pesticide/insectiside laced produce (fruits and veggies), electromagnetic pollution (cell phones, wireless devices, cell phone towers etc.), perscription and non-perscription drugs (including pharmaceutical hair loss drugs), too much bodybuilding supplements like Creatine, stress, pollution, artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, sucralose, splenda, ascesulfame potassium, vaccinations, flu shots, are just a few of the things one can eliminate to begin the lifestyle change.

Do; cleanse your body (liver cleanse/detox, colon cleanse, kidney cleanse, general cleanse, candida/yeast/parasite cleanse, heavy metal cleanse) which can be bought at any good health food store.

Do a juice cleanse or a 7-day fast. Our Lord Jesus fasted for 40 straight days! Many of the good men of the Bible fasted to clean their body of impurities and to become closer to God. Think of how it will benefit you all the more in this age where there are more toxins in our environment.

Drink fresh filtered/distilled water every day.

Get at least 20 minutes of sunlight on your skin every day.

Eat more organic/raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains, whole organic food everyday.

Reduce or eliminate all conventional dairy products.

Exercise moderately at least 4 times a week, focusing on mostly cardio and some resistance training. (Do not get too much exercise though. MODERATION!

If you are a person of faith, than pray to God (Christ Jesus) everyday. God created the human body and He knows best how it works. He can and does perform miracles if you ask Him to. He will bless you if you belong to Him as a child of God. Being in His blessins are beyond what words can describe. I leave it to you. I will not force it on you.

and finally;

Do scalp exercises everyday in the morning and before bed. Try the rebounder (mini trampoline) and add it to your daily routine as an exercise.

Try out the grunge thing....if it works, than keep doing it. If it does not, than change it or stop it.

Try Saw Palmetto, Beta-Sitosterol or a Prostate formula from the health food store and see if it helps.

Not only may you regrow and restore your hair but you may cure some chronic illnesses that you suffer from. Cleansing alone can cure many diseases that the FDA tells us that only pharmaceutical drugs can cure us with.
[size=small]

[Edit by Uncle Buck on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 12:54][/size]
[size=small]

[Edit by Uncle Buck on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 23:01][/size]

Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, I am grunge, using Certified Organic Saw Palmetto, and doing scalp exercises daily.
House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Buck, so here you go again. So what exactly are you implying again. If we do all these things you say that we will get our hair back or MAY get our hair back? Anybody can say those things you said as long as you use the words MAY in them. Do you have an visual evidence such as a before and after photo to support your claims of your own personal hair regrowth?

I think it's pretty much common sense to everyone here that if you do some of the things you suggested that it can only help our bodies in the long run. However, I've yet to see any evidence to support anything you say in regards to strictly regrowing hair on areas that were previously bald.

Some of the healthiest people in the world are still bald Mr. Buck. Hairguy basically says cut out shampoo and our hair will eventually regrow back. You say we need to do a thousand other things for this to happen. Until you can provide us with regrowth evidence it's all just speculation. Hairguy has promised his photos in July. Can you say the same? It sounds like from all your big talk that you've all ready gotten results so I would appreciate if you could back up all your talk with some visual evidence.

By the way, not that you had anything to do with it but I bought a trampoline two days ago. I've done the cleanse things, I pray daily, I eat right now, I lost 15 lbs, I only do grunge, I don't use cell phones, I stay away from electrical lines, I cut down on jerking off to only 5 times a week, I don't use a microwave ovens and just about everything else you suggested and I am still going bald.

The trampoline/scalp exercises was the only thing I didn't do so I found one for sale and have been bouncing around in my basement for two days now. I looked at my crown and I still see nothing. Right now I don't believe that even lifestyle changes can change a balding guy back to original glory. I jush wish someone would have some proof for once.

hairmony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like to say, religions aside, it's good to have another voice of reason and enlightenment to add to the others here, welcome Uncle Buck.
H
[size=small]

[Edit by hairmony on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 15:53][/size]

House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by hairmony
Just like to say, religions aside, it's good to have another voice of reason and enlightenment to add to the others here, welcome Uncle Buck.
H
[size=small]

[Edit by hairmony on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 15:53][/size]

I couldn't agree more Hairmony and I also don't mind the religion talk. The only thing that offends me regarding religion is Mad Dog's other name. Other than that anything is ok by me.

God Dam
Moving On Up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:rolleyes: LOL, does it really bother you THAT much?
House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does Mad Dog. I am extremely offended by it. In fact I had a hard time sleeping last night knowing you still were using this name and nothing was being done about it.

Add to the fact your a Bear fan which I am also offended by and you have yourself one unhappy grunger. The only thing I am happy about is our draft. A.J. Hawk baby!! You had a horrible draft Mad Dog admit it.

daguy
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<A lifestyle change for the better means ousting anything negative: smoking, too much drinking of alcohol, DRUGS!, trans fatty foods, processed foods, pesticide/insectiside laced produce (fruits and veggies), electromagnetic pollution (cell phones, wireless devices, cell phone towers etc.), perscription and non-perscription drugs (including pharmaceutical hair loss drugs), too much bodybuilding supplements like Creatine, stress, pollution, artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, sucralose, splenda, ascesulfame potassium, vaccinations, flu shots, are just a few of the things one can eliminate to begin the lifestyle change.>>

How do you know that this is true? Maybe changing your lifestyle to a more healthy one will lead to healthier looking hair, but will have no effect on your hairloss. I think that hairloss and the health of your hair are two very different things. I know tons of people that live horrible lifestyles and have great hair. I know people who are extremely healthy and are cuebald. One guy I know smokes 2 packs a day, goes clubbing every night and is the biggest sinner you've ever seen in your life. Barely sleeps. He's 38 and he has the best hair you've ever seen. I have another buddy who will never eat out with me. Always healthy home cooked meals. Hasn't drank his whole life. Doesn't smoke. You get the idea. BALD. Balder than him you can't get. I know many more.

Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the welcome hairmony.

daguy, you are missing the whole point. Hair aside, you should be changing your lifestyle. Hair regrowth is a bonus.

House, instead of all the talk why don't you just try it for yourself. The time you waste requesting peoples results could be valuable time to regrow....simple!

daguy, some of us don't have the best genetics so we must work harder than everyone else to achieve what they do naturally. You failed to highlight the very bottom of my post which discussed lymphatic drainage, scalp exercises, Saw Palmetto, and grunge. Why did you leave that out?

Do not let that discourage you. Good health may not regrow your hair alone, but it will contribute to it.

The scalp exercises are the most promising thing that I have ever seen.

Add this to all the other things and your odds increase greatly.

All this said, it is unfortunate that most people will not change their lifestyle. We have epidemic obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc... because people are too damn lazy and unmotivated to make themselves better through preventative medicine (the only real medicine)

Most people sadly look for an overnight cure. They do not want to put the work or effort into anything. Laziness and sloth....THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Our country, our world is suffering immensely from moral decay and physical decay.

Those on this forum and others who want their hair back bad enough, will do whatever it takes. They will change the lifestyle. They will not make excuses and they will find something....eventually...whether it is scalp exercises, grunge, or whatever.

[size=small]

[Edit by Uncle Buck on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 19:20][/size]

Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During and immediately following exercise (especially rebounding) the lymphatic system is the most energized and flowing. Wouldn't it make sense to do your scalp exercises during this time?
daguy
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck,

Is it really because we are lazy that we aren't regrowing our hair? Am I lazy? I don't think your comments are true at all. I exercise 5 times a week. I play in 3 leagues of sports. On top of that I do 4 intense cardio sessions a week. I have no health problems in my life. I eat great. I don't have any stress and a great entourage of family and friends. BUT, I am losing my hair. I have been through the scalp exercises, supplements and now finally grunge. I am still losing my hair. I find it's very easy to generalize and say what you say. It's just very difficult to prove you wrong, but you are. There is absolutely no correlation with a healthy lifestyle and keeping your hair. There is no proof of it anywhere, yet you say it like its a given. The focus of this forum is hairloss, nothing else. Otherwise I totally agree with you. It's important for me to have a healthy lifestyle. But there is no relation between that and keeping your hair.
In your case you have set up your statement in such a way that makes it ultimately unfalsifiable. That makes it a useless hypothesis for everyone here. If you grow your hair, it was the healthy lifestyle etc. If you didn't, your genetics were too strong or you were too lazy...Not useful for anyone here. No advances can be made with that kind of statement. We can be just spinning our wheels for years thinking these false things. I suggest you reformulate your hypothesis to one that can be falsifiable.

Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not call you lazy. Speaking of the American psyche in general. You know very well that people generally want a quick fix solution that they do not have to work for.

"There is absolutely no correlation with a healthy lifestyle and keeping your hair."

This is relative to genetics. As I said earlier, some people have such good genetics that they can get away with abusing their bodies. That does not mean that everyone can get away with it.

Also, many peoples idea of healthy is really not healthy at all. Exercising all the time and eating home cooked meals is not that significant.

How long did you do scalp exercises for? How long grunge?

I must say daguy, you really are not getting it. I was laying the ground work for an environment suitable for hair regrowth.

Do you build a house without a foundation?

Is a foundation alone sufficient for shelter?

Notice how I structured the post.

Scalp exercises and grunge were the last things I mentioned.
[size=small]

[Edit by Uncle Buck on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 22:09][/size]

deepee
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Uncle Buck: I am interested in the scalp exercises. I have been to Tom Hagerty's website, but I am still confused and do not know if I am doing the exercises correctly. Right now I am just pulling my ears back and then raising my eyebrows. Am I doing this right? Maybe you could help me out and try to explain the procedure as best as possible. It would be greatly appreciated.
daguy
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are the one who is not getting it. You're making all sorts of assumptions while I am making none. You speak of foundations when there are none. Who says what your saying makes sense? Maybe genetics controls 99.5% of it so the rest is useless. What makes you qualified to answer that question? I don't pretend to know these things. I test them out as objectively as I can.
I wrote in my previous post how we will get anywhere in this forum. How to think properly. We must make statements that are falsifiable and then test them. How can you test something that can't be proven wrong? Whats the point of saying what you're saying? It doesn't help anyone because it can't be tested. Don't make up theories in your head and let's proceed with what we are seeing on this forum. The main problem with this forum and others is that people make up a theory that makes sense to them and proceed from there.
That's not how you do it. The proper way to test this grunge theory is saying first, "I think hairloss could be caused by shampoo." then you test it. Then you look at your results, then you see if they confirm your hypotheses. That's how you make sense of things. Not saying lay a foundation blablabla, then if it doesn't work, it's genetics.
In your way of thinking, I could say anything. Let's make one up right now. I say hairloss is caused by living too much of a healthy lifestyle. I believe that living a crappy lifestyle makes your body deal with crap much better and more efficient makes your system stronger and more immune to various problems. And living a perfectly healthy lifestyle makes your system too sensitive and weak. So there. Try it out. Thats what it is. If it doesn't work, it's cause your genetics are too strong. Now prove me wrong. You can't. You argument makes just as much sense to me as this one. Why? Because it came from your head, not from real world data. It came from your personal beliefs. That means they are biased. No place for bias in scientific research.
I did the scalp exercises for 8 months and then kept doing them when I started going grunge almost a year and a half ago. It must be my genetics. So in your line of reasoning, your theory is still correct and we learned nothing new.
Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the title for you and others. Not because I believe it is false but simply because I cannot prove it here online, but I challenge everyone who is reading this post to try it. Try the things I suggest here.... Prove me wrong!
[size=small]

[Edit by Uncle Buck on Sunday, April 30, 2006 @ 23:03][/size]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: