The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> Pictures of African Tribes show balding men
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve198329
Moving On Up

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pissed off. The other day I went to a book store and was looking through some books on african tribes. Well I would say that 50% of the older middle age men were going bald. And I am not talking about one particular tribe either. All the tribes in the book located all throughout Africa showed this Now these people live the most natural lifestyle out there and I am sure they don't use shampoo. SO the only cause I could think of is that they cut their hair short. Almost all the tribes keep short hair and as I have showed in posts on this forum from the past, short hair leads to baldness. So to find out if this is true I am going to grow my hair long as hell and see if this is the missing link we are looking for. I will let everyone know in a year or 2 about my results but I really think this may be an important factor.
Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...what about all the rock stars of the 70's and 80's that had long hair all their lives and are now balding?

David Lee Roth for example.....
[size=small]

[Edit by Dirty Hairy on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 @ 08:26][/size]

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I just thought about...my father had short hair his entire life. He had a "flat-top" hair cut that was popular in the 50's. This is the typical Marine style hair cut and his hair was NEVER over a 1/2 inch long throughout his entire life.
At his death he had a full head of hair.

Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Dirty Hairy
Something else I just thought about...my father had short hair his entire life. He had a "flat-top" hair cut that was popular in the 50's. This is the typical Marine style hair cut and his hair was NEVER over a 1/2 inch long throughout his entire life.
At his death he had a full head of hair.

Did your father always wear a hat or other protective covering while being outdoors? If not then that would be a small amount of evidence that ultraviolet radiation doesn't cause baldness. If the sunlight does not cause baldness then the balding African grungers might actually be suffering from the "genetic" MPB that getitback says does not exist.

House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oscar, are you secretly working for the shampoo companies? I think it's rather apparent you were hired to infiltrate this site to debunk Hairguy with that statement.
Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by oscar the grunge
[BDid your father always wear a hat or other protective covering while being outdoors? If not then that would be a small amount of evidence that ultraviolet radiation doesn't cause baldness. If the sunlight does not cause baldness then the balding African grungers might actually be suffering from the "genetic" MPB that getitback says does not exist.

My father never wore a hat. He never owned one.

Another thought.......
What do these balding africans do to the shampoo theory of hairloss???????????????

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by oscar the grunge
[BDid your father always wear a hat or other protective covering while being outdoors? If not then that would be a small amount of evidence that ultraviolet radiation doesn't cause baldness. If the sunlight does not cause baldness then the balding African grungers might actually be suffering from the "genetic" MPB that getitback says does not exist.

My father never wore a hat. He never owned one.

Another thought.......
What do these balding africans do to the shampoo theory of hairloss???????????????

House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Dirty Hairy
Steve...what about all the rock stars of the 70's and 80's that had long hair all their lives and are now balding?

David Lee Roth for example.....
[size=small]

[Edit by Dirty Hairy on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 @ 08:26][/size]

David Lee Roth, the guy from Quiet Riot, Scorpions lead singer, Gene Simmons from Kiss has been bald for years. Many of these guys in case you don't know like Simmons wear wigs. The list is endless of balding guys with long hair.

Let's see who else. Woody Allen, Clint Howard, Ron's brother(Remember Gentle Ben? He had longer hair as a boy playing with that bear. I don't for a second buy that long hair theory. Again, this comes down to genetics.

[size=small]

[Edit by House on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 @ 13:23][/size]

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by House
The list is endless of balding guys with long hair.
I don't for a second buy that long hair theory.
[Edit by House on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 @ 13:23][/size]

My thoughts exactly.....

House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other person comes to mind when I think of stars/celebrities that went from long thick heads of hair to losing it all within one or two years.

Remember in the late 80's when tennis star Andre Agassi came on the scene. Remember he had that long long ridiculous hair and was doing all those camera commercials for Canon? I believe. It was his hair that actually made him stand out or be famous in the beginning. Everyone recognized him BECAUSE OF THE LONG HAIR. Well from what I remember he had one of the biggest FALLOUTS of Hairloss in the history of sports. I believe it was maybe one year or two and he was totally bald on top. His hairloss was so bad that he just shaved it totally bald. He's kept it totally bald ever since and I don't blame him.

Now that is what happens when someone's genetic time clock kicks in. I don't believe Mr. Agassi at 22 or 23 suddenly decided to shampoo like crazy that year and he experienced all this hairloss. It was more than likely decided by his genetic makeup before the chap was even born.

The same thing happened to my friend in high school and I am sure you know someone like this. It's where the hairloss comes on so dramatically that you lose basically all your hair on the top within one year. You go from a good looking young man of 20 to looking like your father over night. I find it hard to believe shampoo and soap can have that dramatic of an effect to a person who suffers from this type of speedy hairloss.

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre is also an example of a guy that was in excellent physical condition too and still went bald.

Ted Nugent and Hulk Hogan are some other examples of "long hairs" with a balding problem.

House
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two other great examples Mr. Dirt. Speaking of Mr. Hulk Hogan, he also rules out the scalp exercise theory as far as I am concerned.

Alot of his job as a wrestler I believe involved many of the same things that you guys do as far as your scalp exercises go. He basically has rubbed his head with hundreds of people for decades. How many times have we seen people grabbing Hulk's skull and rubbing it before they throw him into the ropes. Surely with that type of skull workout that you would think Hulk would have a full head of hair by now but he doesn't.

I think Hulk Hogan is a case against scalp exercises working. His scalp has been excercised, rubbed, scraped, and beat up for 30 years and he's totally bald on top. Of course Andre the Giant had a full head of hair so maybe Hulk wasn't wrestling correctly. Very Happy

skydiv4
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i also remember when andre agassi suddenly was losing his hair, i also remember not long after that brook shields
dumbed his ass, not for that reason im sure but the timing was pretty close when his hair fell.........
Uncle Buck
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scalp exercises are an internal exercise, not external. You know that house. Stop spreading disinfo.
The_Ruffneck
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogan took steroids , probably didn't help his hair much...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: