The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepee
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I was checking out my scalp with 2 mirrors, and besides the thinning and loss that I am experiencing on the top of my scalp, I noticed something else. On the right side of my head a little towards the back is a very thin patch of hair about the size of my fist. I am starting to finally come to better terms with going bald (even at a very young age), but now after seeing this I am not sure what to think. Why would a random area on my head be extremely thinner than the rest when it is not in the normal area for hair loss? I dont know if this is from grunge, scratching at my dry scalp, or if there is some health situation going on that I should see a doctor about. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know.
guitarius
On A Mission

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get it checked out man....you never know.... like MPB is supposed to be horshoe pattern
and if urs isnt in that pattern then maybe its not MPB....if MPB even exists as they say it
does...
deepee
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well originally it was only horseshoe patterned, until I noticed this. Ill probably go to the doc. and get things checked out though just in case. I haven't had a check up or physical in years and last time I was there they were trying to put me on a diet because I had the blood pressure of a 50 year old. But back then was when I would eat eating spagettios or creamed corn straight out of the can. If you havent tried ..you dont know what youre missing.
hairguy
Found A Cure

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=#3333FF]"Why would a random area on my head be extremely thinner than the rest when it is not in the normal area for hair loss?"[/color]
THERE IS NO [color=#3333FF]"normal area for hair loss"[/color]. It's ENTIRELY [u]random[/u] dependent on where and how often one applies [color=#FF0000]CHEMICALS[/color]. Unless you're stressed as guitarius said he's been off and on for a couple of years. Save your money. Doctors know [i]even less[/i] about hair than the damn derms; the "experts" who also sell SLS shampoo.

Apparently, STRESS can cause hairloss but I doubt it would be LOCALE SPECIFIC as you describe. Hair loss is CAUSE and EFFECT; there's nothing amorphous about it. I know from a family member's experience that some doctors use ventriloquism to talk out of their asses.

What likely happened in your case is that blood flow [i]servicing that unexpectedly thinned area[/i] ALSO serviced [u]another area[/u] where you are balding. Tom and I were working on that last year and he tried to find schematics of the plumbing under the scalp skin. None available. That search grew out of Tom's investigation of [color=#3333FF]"cold scalp baldness"[/color] which subject you can check on via bonds recent thread. Click on this link: [url=http://www.millerarts.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=45&thread=946]sleeping on a slant[/url] where I posted a link to tom's earlier research.

If you elect to see a doctor anyway, don't be surprised if he refers you to a phrenologist...

From angrysquirrel's thread: [url=http://www.millerarts.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=45&thread=984]my grundge head feels warmer[/url] [color=#3333FF]"okay, maybe I'm thinking more and that's why. But seriously, it is starting to feel warmer after going grundge for a month."[/color] That [color=#FF0000]warmth[/color] logically is due to a [u]cessation[/u] of chemicals shutting down the blood flow. Cause and effect; the Scientific Method.
[size=small]

[Edit by hairguy on Friday, February 24, 2006 @ 19:48][/size]

deepee
Found A Purpose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I am thinking about seeing a doctor is to make sure that there isnt something seriously wrong going on with my body. I have not had any severe stress such as Guitarius, so I know that this is not the culprit. However, there are other things I am experiencing besides hair loss that make me wonder if there is something out of the ordinary going on. For example, within the past year or so I have been experiencing random onsets of dizziness followed by a blurred or spotted vision. Also I am always tired no matter how much sleep I get, and if I got the chance, most of the time I would sleep the day away. It's not because I am lazy either. I just never feel completely rested. Some days it gets so bad that my eyes will hurt very bad if I dont close them and it is a struggle to keep them open. And the last of my symptoms that makes me wonder is a recent onset of mental foggyness where I cant seem for the life of me to concentrate or think clearly. Its as if a cloud was surrounding my mind.

Anyways, I might just be one of those people that just thinks they have a bunch of stuff wrong with them (hypochondriac?), but either way I would feel a lot better getting myself checked out.

As far as hairloss not having a normal or specific area..i can understand what you are trying to say about how it all depends on where the chemicals were being put and how often etc.., but this doesn't seem logical to me. When I was using shampoo, I would put it EVERYWHERE in the same quantity. But suppose you are correct about this, and say the top of my scalp was just sooner to suffer the effects of shampoos for whatever reasons. This wouldn't explain why after quitting shampoo an area on the back/side part of my scalp would become extremely more thin. Unless it was still being damaged by something (I don't know what though).

I dont know about the whole blood flow being redirected elsewhere. That doesn't seem right to me. I don't think the blood flow picks and chooses where its going to go one day compared to the next. But I could be wrong. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I will check out the "Sleeping on a Slant" post.

hairguy
Found A Cure

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom doesn't sleep on a slant. No pillow. He lowered his head over the edge of a table/bed/couch (whatever) for about 30 minutes several times daily. He said there'd be nausea that would eventually go away...and it did. My [color=#3333FF]"cold scalp"[/color] warmed in a week or so and, coincidentally, at that time my ENTIRE scalp had gone active with "sensations" and continues now. Perhaps that accelerated the warming. So, scalp [color=#FF0000]warmed[/color], I ceased and checked several times over a couple of months; still warm.

When regrowth finishes, I'll be restored to my former [color=#FF0000][b]"Hot Stuff"[/b][/color] from end to end and I have those baby blue eyes that women find irresistible... All that'll remain is to get breast implants for my "chicken chest" as a poet girl friend once named it. Might need a seat cushion there.

[color=#3333FF]"Do - re - mi - fa - so - la - ti - dooooo!"[/color] Hmmm. Maybe I'll give American Idol a shot [i]next[/i] Spring when I'll have most of my hair back after 11 years. I could sing "Rags to riches." but change the words: "Bald to hairy."

[b]NEVER GIVE UP, GUYS. It'll ALL regrow.[/b]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: