The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back -> Head Transplant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Clean
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Head Transplant Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/10154240/First-human-head-transplant-now-possible-neurosurgeon-claims.html

Quote:

'First human head transplant now possible', neurosurgeon claims
The first ever human head transplant is now possible, a neurosurgeon has claimed.

Dr Sergio Canavero believes that the technology now exists that will allow surgeons to carry out the Frankenstein-style procedure, which has been tested out on animals since 1970.

Up until now there has been no way to successfully reconnect the spinal cord, leaving the subjects paralysed from the point where the transplant was connected.

Recent advances have meant that re-connecting the spinal cord is now possible, and it is believed that the breakthrough means that previously fatal diseases could be cured.

However, other experts have dismissed the idea.

Professor Anthony Warrens, from the British Transplantation Society, told the Sun: "Connecting a head to a body is worthless to human beings today. The whole concept is bizarre."

In 1970 Robert White successfully transplanted the head of a rhesus monkey onto the body of a second rhesus, and Dr Canavero, a member of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, has proposed using a similar method.

He said: “The greatest technical hurdle to such endeavour is of course the reconnection of the donor's and recipient's spinal cords. It is my contention that the technology only now exists for such linkage,” he wrote.

“It is argued that several up to now hopeless medical conditions might benefit from such procedure.”

He believes that it a team of 100 could perform the operation in 36 hours — at a cost of £8.5million.

Both heads would have to be removed at the same time, and reconnected within an hour.

"This is no longer science fiction. This could be done today — now. If this operation is done it will provide a few people with a substantial amount of extra life,” he said. “The only reason I have not gone further is funding."

However, Dr Calum Mackellar, from the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, added: "This sounds like something from a horror movie."

Kramer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news for Dr. Dirty Hairy. Now he can get Telly Savalas' or Hairguy's face transplanted on him if he wishes. That also includes all their hair. Laughing

Before you attack me Dirty, I'll have you know I have a full head of hair now. Yes, the red patches kicked in FINALLY!! I just wanted to wait until after the 4th to celebrate my Independence from the shampoo companies. I wish Hairguy was still alive to witness this but he'll live thru you Dirt. Laughing

My only regret is I didn't take any photos. Crying or Very sad
FreddyTheFollicle
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not gonna attack you Kramer. Now I'm waiting for Clean to post his next message congratuling you on your success. Laughing

The "no shampoo" theory is a much bullshit as your full head of hair.
I know you didn't take any photos because your camera is broken and you deeply regret that.

Dirty
Kramer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreddyTheFollicle wrote:
Nope, not gonna attack you Kramer. Now I'm waiting for Clean to post his next message congratuling you on your success. Laughing

The "no shampoo" theory is a much bullshit as your full head of hair.
I know you didn't take any photos because your camera is broken and you deeply regret that.

Dirty

Actually Dirty what Lawrence told all of us a decade ago is actually true. It's just that in today's "I have to have it right now" society, people do not have patience to wait for something good. Lawrence God Bless him did have patience. More patience than all the tea in China. At times I didn't but I secretly stuck in there not shampooing and now my results have been nothing short of unbelievable. I now have a full head of hair on my crown. Yes Dr. Dirty, those red patches kicked in overdrive recently and I couldn't be happier.

As far as Oscar goes, he's regrown his hair back years ago from what I remember. He's the one person to provide clear before and after photos of regrowth. I am thankful he's still here to offer his advice and opinions etc. He has no reason anymore to do so but Oscar is a great human being only concerned with helping others achieve what he's already achieved. Now I can also say the same thing. You Dirty are the last and only guy still bald here and desperately trying one failed regimen after another.

I know you don't want to hear this but if I were you I would start over from scratch and go back to not shampooing and I guarantee you if you just hang in there you will GET IT BACK!! just as Lawrence claimed.

Your welcome Dirty.

P.S. I have an old before photo of my head when it was basically a pale white bowling ball so I'll see if I can post my regrowth. It was taken at a Halloween party where I was about to bob for apples but didn't know it was even taken as I was concerned with how I would look with my hair wet at that party with some ladies present. I have to see how to figure out these new cameras since I only use Polaroids and they don't make film anymore.
FreddyTheFollicle
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kramer wrote:
I have an old before photo of my head when it was basically a pale white bowling ball so I'll see if I can post my regrowth.
I have to see how to figure out these new cameras since I only use Polaroids and they don't make film anymore.

Allow me to partake in this fairy tale of yours Kramer.

You can scan your nonexisting "before" photo using a scanner that will create a jpg file for your computer or you can actually use a camera that was made after 1970. We call those cameras Digital cameras. But it is easy for you to provide a bald photo Kramer.

What are you going to do to provide a full regrowth photo?
I suggest contacting Widowspeak for tips on applying boot polish discreetly!
Mr. Clean
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kramer wrote:
That's good news for Dr. Dirty Hairy. Now he can get Telly Savalas' or Hairguy's face transplanted on him if he wishes. That also includes all their hair. Laughing

Before you attack me Dirty, I'll have you know I have a full head of hair now. Yes, the red patches kicked in FINALLY!! I just wanted to wait until after the 4th to celebrate my Independence from the shampoo companies. I wish Hairguy was still alive to witness this but he'll live thru you Dirt. Laughing

Good news on the red patches Kramer!

Yes, hairguy was right about the red patches appearing just before massive regrowth. It takes time, and patience.
Kramer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Clean wrote:
Kramer wrote:

Good news on the red patches Kramer!

Yes, hairguy was right about the red patches appearing just before massive regrowth. It takes time, and patience.

Thank you for your support Oscar. I knew you would know what I meant by the red patches since yours obviously kicked in years ago. Mine just kicked in recently after 10 years of going grunge. I always thought it was bull shit but now I finally see what Hairguy was talking about. Too bad he's dead as I am sure he probably has a full head of hair now but nobody can see it. RIP Lawrence.

What's upsetting to me is Dr. Dirt's lack of support over my regrowth. I GET IT BACK!! and he's acting like Simon Cowell.
Kramer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreddyTheFollicle wrote:
Kramer wrote:
I have an old before photo of my head when it was basically a pale white bowling ball so I'll see if I can post my regrowth.
I have to see how to figure out these new cameras since I only use Polaroids and they don't make film anymore.

Allow me to partake in this fairy tale of yours Kramer.

You can scan your nonexisting "before" photo using a scanner that will create a jpg file for your computer or you can actually use a camera that was made after 1970. We call those cameras Digital cameras. But it is easy for you to provide a bald photo Kramer.

What are you going to do to provide a full regrowth photo?
I suggest contacting Widowspeak for tips on applying boot polish discreetly!

Sorry Dirty but I don't have a scanner unless you mean police scanner but I couldn't for the life figure out how I could get a photo posted on that scanner to where you and Oscar could see it. As I told you I only used a Polaroid for the most all my life. I'll see what I can do though as I do want to show my regrowth so maybe I'll have to break down and buy one or the other you mention about.

I sometimes can't believe it myself. I can't stop looking myself now. I don't even recognize me Dirty it's amazing. I just hope I can figure out a way to get a camera or a scanner quickly because it won't be long before I'll be busy fending off vasts amounts of women now that I got my hair back.

It's crazy but I still wear my hat despite my new hair/regrowth. I still act like I'm
bald and self conscious. Once I take the hat off I fear you'll never hear from me again as I'll be a wanted man by women all over.

The one thing GET IT BACK never talked about was how does one handle life with hair when they actually do get it back? The thing that scares me most is Lawrence got all or most of his hair back then immediately died. Widowspeak got it all back and disappeared on a trip to L.A. Will I be next? Yeah, I admit it, I'm sort of scared now that I have a full head of hair so I still am keeping my hat on even when I sleep. This sucks!! I should be happy yet I'm nervous about these red patches kicking in out of the blue. Shocked

Oscar, did you go thru these types of emotions when you got it back and how did you handle it? Just curious. I know Dirt is bald so he isn't in a position to answer this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: