The Site For Sore Eyes - Your Eye On The Web
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile MessagesMessages Log inLog in
Site For Sore Eyes Home Today's News Site For Sore Eyes Forums Web Site Directory Site For Sore Eyes Sponsors Contact Us Site For Sore Eyes Tools

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive -> Rogaine/Propecia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this elsewhere on this site but I wanted to start a new topic to make sure most of you read it.
I thought I should share this finding with those of you considering alternatives because it never occurred to me that the body would "develop" a resistance to Rogaine or Propecia.

:notsure: Funny how I never heard this mentioned before. Maybe there is a reason for that!!!!!

Dirty

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Now that was embarrassing. I started a new topic and left out my findings that I wanted you to read.....here it is:

If you go to Dr. Peter Proctor's site Dr. Proctor, you might find reference to some material about "resistance" building up after using minoxidil three or four years. He has heard from other doctors that perhaps 30% of patients no longer respond well to Rogaine after using it for long periods of time.

Other doctors report that Propecia (finasteride) is also subject to resistance. The human body builds up a tolerance for this drug after a time by producing more DHT. If I find specific references to these findings, I'll post them.

Dirty

daver
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dag nab it mr dirt, why don't you just edit your posts when you screw up, like everyone else, so we don't have to weed through all your extra jammerings. Are you on some post count marathon?

d

EDIT: look at me mr dirt, i can edit my posts!![size=small]

[Edit by daver on Wednesday, May 3, 2006 @ 12:52][/size]

Dirty Hairy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by daver
dag nab it mr dirt, why don't you just edit your posts when you screw up, like everyone else, so we don't have to weed through all your extra jammerings. Are you on some post count marathon?

d

You "weeded through" only 2 posts here.
You really should consider getting a life one day daver or try to post something of interest for once.

daver
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of fighting and always trying to be right and having the last word, why don't you just do somthing simple that I, and at least one other have suggested and just use the EDIT button to correct your mistakes so we don't have to weed through the extra drivel [u]everytime[/u]. That way we can have more time to get a life, like you have.

d

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Site For Sore Eyes Forum Index -> Get It Back Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: